Posted on: 17 September 2017Share
Whether you wear your jewelry every day or every so often, your jewelry can accumulate with dirt, dust and other debris making your jewelry a little less shiny and dull. Cleaning your jewelry will help, but who wants to tote all of their jewelry to a jewelry store or jeweler every time you need your pieces cleaned? See below for instructions to clean your jewelry yourself:
Here's What You'll Need:
- 1 Tbsp. dish soap
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 small piece of aluminum foil
- Place the piece of aluminum foil in a shallow dish.
- Add the hot water, then mix in the other ingredients.
- Stir the ingredients around with your finger to get them well-mixed.
- Place a few pieces of jewelry in the mixture and allow it to soak for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Rinse the pieces with cool water.
- Finally, buff your jewelry using a soft cloth or a paper towel.
If you have a lot of pieces, repeat the process using fresh hot water and ingredients.
Your jewelry can also tarnish, especially silver pieces. If you have a lot of tarnish on your pieces, use sterling silver cleaner and a soft cloth to buff away the tarnish.
Take good care of your jewelry by having it cleaned and inspected often by a professional jeweler. Your stones and settings can become loose, which can cause you to lose your precious stones.
Jewelry Care Tips:
- Never wear your jewelry to work (if you work around tools or heavy equipment).
- Do not wear your jewelry to work out at the gym.
- Do not wear your jewelry to garden or work in the yard.
- Try to avoid wearing jewelry swimming in a lake, ocean or pool.
- Do not wear your jewelry when playing sports.
These are all ways that your jewelry can get damaged, filthy dirty or can break. Wearing rings and other jewelry when working around heavy equipment or with tools can be an accident waiting to happen. If you smash your ring wearing finger, it can cause extra pain and you'll end up needing to have your ring cut off of your finger. It's best to leave this piece of jewelry at home and putting it on later.
Clean and check your jewelry often to keep it looking like new, and take good care of your pieces of jewelry. If you have any jewelry that is in need of repairs, take it to your local jewelry repair shop.
You can also check out a website like http://solsjewelryandloan.net/ for more information.