Posted on: 29 August 2017Share
Have you already started your Christmas planning? When you consider how quickly the summer passed by you, you have probably realized that the Christmas holidays will also be here before you know it. And, if you have decided to make your own jewelry use as Christmas gifts, here are some ideas that might help you to get things done way before your deadline.
Make A List And Check It Twice - Just like Santa, you'll want to make a list of those who will be recipients of your handmade jewelry.
- Think of dividing the list into categories. Not only will that help you be well organized, but it will help you in your shopping, too.
- For example, create a category of the men on your list. Next, add the women, then the children.
- Don'r forget people like your spouse's coworkers, school teacher and office personnel, your beautician, and the gals in your lunch bunch.
Take A Class Before You Shop - Even if you are already really good at making things like glass beaded bracelets, consider going to a class where you can learn new skills.
- For example, at the class you might learn how to combine glass beads into intricate designs to make unique bracelets for the women on your list.
- Ask your instructor to give you ideas for the men on your list. For example, he or she might suggest that you use glass beads from foreign countries to make keychains that are masculine in design.
- Think about using inexpensive glass beads for the little girls on your list. If you do decide to take a class, your instructor might show you how to make bracelets using special knotting techniques where you can intersperse plastic beads along with glass beads for a cute and different look.
Enhance Your Own Designs - If you feel that you are professional enough that you don't need to take a class in making glass jewelry, still enhance your own designs to give your pieces a unique look.
- For instance, think about making a bracelet out of a t-shirt that you have cut into very thin strips. Use a needle threader to get glass beads onto the strips. Make a knot between the beads. At the end, you will have created a look that can be both casual and a bit dressy.
- Think of dramatic ways you can use the glass beads you buy to make your bracelets. For example, consider alternating different colors with gold or silver beads.
- Glass beads paired with natural wooden beads can be a great look for both men and women.
If you are good enough that you are thinking of selling your jewelry in the future, think about taking pictures of all of your creations so that you can put them into a presentation book.